- Dental assistants work under the supervision of dentists and work closely with dental hygienists in their day to day activities.
- They work in well lighted clean environments.
- Almost all dental assistants work in private dental offices.
- A small amount work in dental schools, hospitals, public health department or clinics.
- The median annual wage for dental assistants was $36,940 in May 2016. *
- The lowest 10% earned less than $25,460 and the highest 10% earned more than $52,000. *
- Employment of dental assistants is projected to grow 10% from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. On going research linking oral heath to general health will continue to increase the demand for preventative dental services. *
- * Information is based on the Occupational Outlook Handbook from the US Department of Labor. Individual Student earnings may vary.