- Dental assistants work under the supervision of dentists and work closely with dental hygienists in their day to day activities.
- They work in well lighted clean environments.
- Almost all dental assistants work in private dental offices.
- A small amount work in dental schools, hospitals, public health department or clinics.
- The median annual wage for dental assistants was $38,060 in 2018. *
- The lowest 25% earned less than $32,200 and the highest 25% earned more than $47,070. *
- Employment of dental assistants is projected to grow 10% from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. On going research linking oral heath to general health will continue to increase the demand for preventative dental services. *
- * Information is based on https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/dental-assistant. Individual Student earnings may vary.